This publish could include Amazon or different affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Margarita Grilled Shrimp Skewers are loaded with taste and charred to perfection. A straightforward grilled shrimp recipe that guarantees to be the star of your summertime grilling!
An Simple Grilled Shrimp Recipe Paired with the Good Margarita
This publish options two of my very favourite issues in our summer season yard world:
- Flavorful grilled jumbo shrimp, charred to perfection.
- A refreshing selfmade margarita in a glass rimmed with course salt. Right here’s my favourite basic margarita recipe.
Blake and I’ve gotten the grilled shrimp methodology right down to perfection, in order that they’ve was a daily craving of mine. I can by no means get sufficient of these delectable shrimp!
Grilled Shrimp is a Nice Appetizer or Foremost Course – Simply Change Your Skewer Dimension!
Should you like grilled shrimp, you’re gonna love this recipe for Margarita Grilled Shrimp Skewers! We make this recipe with smaller appetizer-sized skewers, bigger meal-sized skewers, and with none skewers in any respect – each methodology is a winner!
Listed here are just a few extra grilled seafood recipes I’m loving proper now: Blake makes an superior Candy and Smoky Grilled Salmon. This Grilled Chipotle-Orange Salmon has additionally been a favourite round right here, and it’s so fairly! Additionally take a look at these Grilled Lobster Tails with Sriracha Butter and my 5-Pepper Bloody Mary with Grilled Jalapeño Shrimp!
The marinade for this grilled shrimp recipe comes collectively simply with these components. I wager you’ve got almost all of these things available already – the one factor I often want to choose up is a recent jalapeno!
For the shrimp marinade:
- olive oil
- recent garlic
- recent jalapeno
- brown sugar
- smoked paprika
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- kosher salt
- black pepper
For the shrimp skewers:
- Jumbo shrimp: I exploit uncooked, peeled jumbo-sized shrimp for this recipe. I like to recommend shrimp labeled “16 to twenty per pound”, additionally which means that there are 16 to twenty shrimp in a pound.
- Recent lime and cilantro: These are elective, however they provide further taste at grilling and serving time.
- Tequila: elective. 🙂
How you can Grill Shrimp
1. Make the Marinade
Place all the shrimp marinade components in a small bowl with tall sides.
I like to make use of a 2-cup glass measuring cup with spout, so I can simply pour the completed marinade over the shrimp.
Use an immersion blender to blitz all of it collectively. Should you don’t have one, a blender or small meals processor works effectively, too.
Pour marinade over the shrimp and gently fold to coat evenly. Then cowl and refrigerate for two to three hours to infuse the shrimp with all that Mexican-flavored goodness.
2. Grill the Shrimp
If utilizing skewers, I like to recommend flat-shaped ones like those in my photograph above. It will assist the shrimp keep put, in order that they gained’t twist and activate the skewers.
We like these quick skewers for creating appetizers, and these lengthy skewers for meal-sized parts. Soak the wooden skewers in water for at the least a pair hours previous to grilling, in order that they gained’t dissipate as rapidly on the grill.
Shrimp may be grilled with or with out skewers. We do it each methods.
If not utilizing skewers, I extremely stress the significance of utilizing jumbo shrimp. Smaller shrimp are more likely to fall between the grill grates when not threaded onto skewers.
To grill the shrimp with out skewers, you’ll merely place every particular person shrimp onto the recent grill grates. Utilizing a tongs, flip each bit of shrimp over, one after the other.
How Lengthy to Prepare dinner Shrimp on the Grill
Shrimp doesn’t take lengthy to grill, particularly over medium-high warmth. As soon as the shrimp are properly charred and now not opaque, they’re completed.
- Warmth grill to medium-high.
- Clear grill grates effectively. Then oil the grates.
- Grill shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes per aspect. Don’t overcook.
This offers you shrimp which can be completely tender and juicy!
Suggestions for the Greatest Grilled Shrimp
I’ve gathered up all my best possible ideas for profitable grilled shrimp, margarita-style!
Use Jumbo Shrimp
Its giant measurement permits for sufficient prepare dinner time on the grill to present the shrimp some char, with out over-cooking the shrimp. As a result of shrimp cooks up fast!
The bigger shrimp price extra per pound, however it is a recipe that’s not value skimping on. Jumbo (16 to twenty per pound) offers you luscious, tender shrimp with attractive char.
One other essential profit is that the bigger measurement helps to make sure that the shrimp gained’t fall between the grill grates when grilling with out skewers.
This photograph offers you a greater perspective of what I imply by jumbo. They’re HUGE!
Marinate Your Shrimp Earlier than Grilling
Whereas I’ll by no means flip down easy salt-and-pepper seasoned shrimp with a squeeze of recent lemon…I insist that this margarita marinade is AWESOME.
These grilled margarita shrimp skewers (or kebabs in case you desire!) are marinated in a simple-to-make sauce with flavors you’d discover in most any Mexican dish.
I embrace a splash of tequila for this grilled shrimp marinade’s margarita impact, however you may definitely go away it out in case you desire. This dish is nice both method. Simply know that the alcohol within the tequila will trigger a little bit of an preliminary flare-up on the grill…which isn’t a foul factor. I LOVE that grilled char!
Less difficult ideas for the very best grilled shrimp:
- Buy shrimp that appears and smells recent. Dwelling in Minnesota, we clearly don’t have entry to just-caught seafood. We purchase shrimp from our native Kowalski’s seafood counter or frozen seafood space. If you buy shrimp from a seafood counter or fish market, attempt to use it inside a day or two.
- Use flat skewers if making shrimp skewers. It will maintain the shrimp from twisting on the skewers, which makes them a lot simpler to grill.
- Soak skewers in water if utilizing wooden skewers. Soak for at the least a pair hours previous to grilling. This gained’t forestall them from burning on the grill, however it’s going to undoubtedly assist!
- Don’t overcook the shrimp. It will be a disgrace to waste your time and cash to solely find yourself with dry, robust shrimp! The purpose right here is to have gorgeously charred shrimp on the skin that’s tender and juicy on the within.
- Serve shrimp with recent lime wedges. Limes present recent colour and a component of lime-squeezing enjoyable. Additionally they elevate the entire margarita shrimp expertise. Simply belief me. You’ll adore it!
Blake and I created this attractive pile of margarita grilled shrimp after we had been visiting my sister’s household in Florida a pair years in the past.
Jumbo shrimp had simply arrived from Key West and had been SO AWESOME GOOD!! An enormous thanks to my mother and father, who had been additionally there, and had handled us to recent Florida seafood that night. We picked all the seafood up from Walt’s Fish Market in Sarasota, a favourite place to eat and seize some recent seafood each time we’re within the space.
I like how the grill’s warmth rapidly cooks of the saucy-ness of the marinade, leaving drier bits of spices that cling to the shrimp. The little bits char so superbly from the little bit of brown sugar that’s included within the marinade. This provides a lot great texture and taste!
These 2-piece jumbo shrimp skewers make for tremendous enjoyable appetizers or small plate meals.
What to Serve with Grilled Shrimp
You possibly can serve this shrimp so some ways, as each an appetizer and a principal course.
Proven within the photograph above is white rice. I exploit a rice cooker for cooking rice. I add the zest and juice of 1 lime to the water earlier than cooking. Then, when serving, I sprinkle coarse salt, sliced recent inexperienced onions, and chopped cilantro excessive.
Listed here are few extra Mexican-inspired sides that will go splendidly with this Margarita grilled shrimp recipe:
Grilled Margarita Shrimp Requires a Basic Margarita!
This meal simply begs for chilly, refreshing margaritas.
With the shrimp and its Mexican flavors, and a margarita to scrub it down, I’m immediately reminiscing about great instances spent on the seashores in Mexico.
I’m an enormous fan of margaritas. Thus I’ve just a few recipes to share with you!
I already talked about my favourite Basic Margarita recipe. And listed here are just a few extra enjoyable variations:
Get pleasure from!
Like this shrimp recipe? Reserve it to Pinterest!
Listed here are just a few extra grilled seafood recipes for you!
- 1 lb. uncooked jumbo shrimp (16 to twenty per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 2 giant garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. minced jalapeno
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. tequila, elective
- skinny slices of recent lime, if inserting shrimp on skewers
- chopped cilantro
- wedges of recent lime, for squeezing over high of grilled shrimp
- Shrimp may be grilled with or with out skewers. If utilizing wooden skewers, begin soaking them in water.
- Place shrimp in a large shallow bowl and put aside.
- In a small bowl with excessive sides, mix all components from olive oil by means of black pepper. Use an immersion blender to fully course of till there are not any sizable items. Or use a meals processor or blender. Pour marinade over shrimp and gently stir to coat evenly. Cowl and refrigerate for two to three hours, folding gently about midway by means of.
- Drizzle tequila over the shrimp, if desired, and gently fold to mix. If utilizing skewers, thread shrimp onto skewers, with a folded slice of lime in between shrimp (see skewer images in publish).
- Warmth grill to medium-high. Be sure that grates are clear, after which oil them effectively. Set shrimp on grates and grill for 3 to 4 minutes per aspect, or simply till shrimp are now not opaque and have some good char. Smaller shrimp will take much less time. Place shrimp on a platter and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with recent lime wedges to squeeze excessive.
If making skewers, create smaller appetizer-sized ones utilizing quick skewers (I extremely suggest utilizing flat-shaped skewers, because the shrimp will not twist and activate the skewers!). I make these with 2 shrimp per skewer.
Or create meal-sized parts with lengthy skewers that maintain extra shrimp.
Or just grill the shrimp with out the skewers. For this methodology, I extremely stress the significance of utilizing giant jumbo-sized shrimp, so they do not fall by means of the grill grates as simply.
from a farmgirl’s dabbles
Really useful Merchandise
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate applications, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Dimension: 1
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 220Whole Fats: 13gSaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 11gLdl cholesterol: 160mgSodium: 1120mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 18g
This publish is sponsored by Ferguson Tub, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery.
Let’s discuss grills!
Ferguson Tub, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery requested if we’d prefer to evaluate one in all their Coyote Out of doors Dwelling grills just a few years in the past. Our grill was drained and worn out…and the Coyote grills appeared superior, so we didn’t hesitate. Particularly since Ferguson is a firm we’ve visited and bought from prior to now for residence transforming initiatives. We already knew we favored working with them.
The grill pictured right here in our again yard is a Coyote C-Sequence 34-Inch 3-Burner. It options sturdy premium stainless-steel building, 616 sq. inches of cooking space, and 60,000 BTUs of cooking energy.
We adore it!
Every little thing about our Coyote grill is high quality by means of and thru.
The grill cover is double-walled. And I particularly just like the push-and-turn ignition knobs, utilized in the very same method we ignite the gasoline range in our kitchen, with no further ignition button wanted. There’s even an inside gentle for cooking into the night time.
Coyote additionally despatched us some nice equipment to attempt. Their heavy-duty Signature Cooking Grates (higher left photograph) are constituted of diamond laser-cut stable stainless-steel and weigh virtually 10 kilos per grate. They’re hefty! Coyote presents three totally different kinds, each particularly designed for every little thing from sturdy cuts of meat to delicate greens and fish.
After which there’s the attractive heavy-duty Drop-In Griddle (decrease proper photograph) that features a detachable grease entice for straightforward cleansing. This works nice for bacon and eggs within the yard on a lazy summer season weekend!
Coyote Asado Smoker images credit score: Coyote Out of doors Dwelling
Be sure you take a look at all of the Coyote grill choices at your nearest Ferguson Showroom, together with this Coyote Asado Smoker.
The Coyote Asado Smoker options:
- Coyote Signature Smoking Grate
- Adjustable venting to take care of exact cooking temperatures
- Smoke, sear, and grill choices
- Warmth-resistant ceramic building
- 254 sq. inches of cooking space
- Lifetime Guarantee on ceramics
Discover Ferguson Showroom on their web site, Fb, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Houzz.
Discover Coyote Out of doors Dwelling on their web site, Fb, Twitter, and Pinterest.
This publish was initially revealed in 2016, after which up to date with some new images and knowledge in 2020.
This publish is sponsored by Ferguson Tub, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery. They despatched us a Coyote grill for our evaluate and to share about their Summer season Grilling Promotion. All opinions are 100% my very own. Thanks for supporting the manufacturers that assist make this website potential.