Beef Yakhni Pulao recipe is a particular Pakistani rice pilaf that’s made with beef, inventory, and rice with garam masala. It’s consolation meals, and is scrumptious served with a aspect of raita and kachumber salad.
So, I assumed after sharing these two scrumptious pakora recipes with you final week, it’s time to introduce you to some consolation meals. If you understand my weblog properly, you have to know I LOVE rice…proof present in these chana pulao and matar pulao recipes.
However as ordinary, earlier than we proceed with all issues scrumptious, let’s reply some FAQs about this recipe.
This can be a scrumptious rice pilaf through which the rice and meat is mainly cooked in a spice fragrant yakhni (inventory).
I imply, what may very well be extra comforting and scrumptious than that?
What Are the Origins of this Recipe
From the little little bit of analysis I’ve achieved whereas scripting this publish, plainly this scrumptious recipe belongs to the area of Kashmir.
Completely different Variations
Yakhni Pulao will be made with totally different sorts of protein. The most well-liked kind of yakhni pulao are:
- Mutton Yakhni Pulao
- Hen Yakhni Pulao
- Beef Yakhni Pulao (right now’s recipe and my favorite kind)
Easy methods to Make It
There are three steps to creating beef yakhni pulao.
- Making the Beef Yakhni / Inventory
- We begin by boiling the meat with some fragrant entire garam masala and spices (boquet garni). This does two issues: makes the yakhni and likewise cooks the meat on the similar time. When you can boil the meat, it takes longer, so we normally use the strain cooker to do that step.
2. Lowering the Yakhni / Inventory and Cooking the Beef
- Then we take out the meat from the meat yakhni, and cut back the yakhni till it’s all the way down to about three cups.
- Whereas decreasing the yakhni, the meat is additional cooked in a separate pot with onions and extra spices.
3. Assembling the Pulao and Dum
- As soon as all the things is prepared, we add the meat again to the yakhni, and convey it to a simmer.
- Add the rice and boil, till the surplus water evaporates and the rice is cooked.
Simple Raita Recipe
Indian Kachumber Salad
Hen Seekh Kabab
Whereas the recipe could appear stuffed with steps and complex, it’s truly not that sophisticated. And all that handwork ends in a scrumptious meal along with your family members. 🙂
Beef Yakhni Pulao
Beef Yakhni Pulao recipe is a particular Pakistani rice pilaf that’s made with beef, inventory, and rice with garam masala. It’s consolation meals at finest, and is scrumptious served with a aspect of raita and kachumber salad.
For the Bouquet Garni (Potli)
For the Beef Inventory / Yakhni:
For the Bouquet Garni (Potli)
For the Yakhni (Inventory)
In a strain cooker, add the meat, water, ginger garlic paste, onion, bouquet Garni. Convey to a boil after which prepare dinner below strain till the meat is tender. This may roughly take 15-20 minutes relying on the lower and dimension of the meat cubes.
As soon as the meat is tender, take away the bouquet Garni and discard it.
Take away the meat and set it apart. Cook dinner the yakhni (stocuntil it reduces to about 3 cups.
To make the Beef Yakhni Pulao:
In a separate pot, add oil and fry the onion till golden brown. Add the cooked beef and ginger garlic paste. Cook dinner for 1-2 minutes on excessive warmth.
Now add all of the spices (turmeric powder, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, pink chilli powder, black pepper, garam masala powder, salt). Combine properly.
Add the whisked yogurt and prepare dinner on excessive flame till the water is diminished and oil separates and you may see it on the floor of the meat.
Add inexperienced chillies and mint leaves and blend.
Now add the ready beef inventory and convey to a mild simmer.
Add the soaked rice.
Cook dinner on excessive flame till the water has principally diminished (about 1/2 cup of water is left). Cowl the pot tightly and steam prepare dinner for about 8-10 minutes on low warmth.
Serve with raita.
Energy: 538kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 29g | Fats: 15g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Ldl cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 147mg | Potassium: 539mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 24IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 4mg